Immediate opening available for full time or part-time job share opportunity!
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for producing financial data for the Company, recording transactions, completing month-end closings, processing biweekly payroll, and performing general ledger analytics. They will work closely with the Controller and department heads.
About RJ Media Group:
RJ Media Group is proud to be a 150-year-old, fifth-generation family-owned business. What was once a newspaper for the town of Meriden, Connecticut has since transformed into the leading multimedia company for Central Connecticut.
RJ Media Group publishes the Record-Journal daily newspaper, 7 weekly community newspapers and a website. We are proud to be an award-winning media company providing local content and highly-targeted marketing solutions across print, digital, and direct marketing.
- Complete month-end closings, reconcile accounts and general ledger analysis
- Issue monthly financial reports
- Create and issue other reports as assigned
- Complete commission reports for the business development team
- Run analytics reports daily to forecast monthly revenue
- Responsible for daily cash management
- Create monthly cash flow reports
- Process payroll biweekly to include entering hours and adjustments from timecards and other records
- Electronically transmit payroll to vendor
- Maintain payroll recordkeeping system, including W-2 review
- Assist with the budgeting process
- Prepare and file sales tax and property tax returns
- Other financial related functions as assigned
Knowledge of accounting normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience in accounting/audit. Experience processing payroll.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience with general ledger accounting systems.
- Proficient knowledge of database, accounting, and reporting software.
- Proficient in spreadsheet design.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize work with little management oversight.
- Prepare work with the highest degree of integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to adhere to and meet established deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Any candidate selected must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.