- Provide all aspects of daily town coverage from government to features.
- Report on regional breaking news for the Record-Journal website and social media in a fast, accurate manner.
- Shoot and edit video.
- Take photos as needed.
- Post regularly to the website and use social media networks actively for disseminating reporting and as a tool for reporting.
- Schedule may vary including nights and weekends if necessary.
- Knowledge of reporting for digital media normally acquired through the completion of a degree and 1-3 years’ experience.
- Excellent reporting skills. Must demonstrate a command of writing and be able to produce high-quality content across multiple platforms in a fast-paced environment.
- Video editing/photography skills.
- This position requires the ability to travel locally to obtain newsworthy content, frequently on short notice. A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required; or, if no drivers license, reliable and at-the-ready transportation.
Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and/or reliable and at-the-ready transportation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Any candidate selected must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates should contact Audience Engagement Editor Ashley Kus at 203-317-2448 or email@example.com