The RJ Media Group is seeking a Media Consultant in Cheshire, CT for our weekly publication, The Cheshire Herald and its website CheshireHerald.com. This position is responsible for developing new business, servicing existing business, and integrating our entire product line of advertising solutions (print & online) to maximize revenue and serve customer needs. In addition to our print publication, we also offer a full set of digital marketing solutions including SEO, SEM, Email, Targeted Online and Social Media Marketing programs designed to help our clients grow their business.
The RJ Media Group is a 5th generation, family-owned media company operating in central CT. We publish a daily newspaper, 8 community weeklies, two websites, and employ 70 people.
The ideal candidate should have outside sales experience and will be driven to meet and exceed sales goals. You must be comfortable with cold calling, making sales presentations, and preferably, have awareness of local businesses in Cheshire and surrounding areas.
- Sell new business advertising (print & online), service existing accounts and participate in sales initiatives.
- Visit potential new business customers to discuss the advantages, cost, and experience in advertising with The Cheshire Herald and other RJ Media Group publications.
- Obtain contract agreements for advertising space at specified costs.
- Maintain communication with current and prospective customers including visits and calls.
- Review credit and contract reports for the purpose of knowing the status of accounts.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Maintain files and accurate recordkeeping.
- Knowledge of advertising and promotion concepts normally acquired through the completion of high school, and 2-3 years of sales experience. A college degree is preferred.
- Must be organized, have good verbal and written communication skills, intermediate math aptitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade and close a sale.
- Ability to make sound and ethical decisions.
- Must be able to handle different and changing situations.
- This position requires the ability to travel locally to visit customers. A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required; or, if no driver’s license, reliable and at-the-ready transportation.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Any candidate selected must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Jim Mizener, Vice President of Advertising at email@example.com or call 203-317-2312.